South Jersey Doggie Day Care
Clif Wyck Farms Kennels offers exceptional “Doggie Day Care”. We never lose sight of your pet’s happiness, safety, and well-being.
Your dog will love coming to us because we provide programs where he can play: with balls, toys, other dogs, and our staff members. They will enjoy socializing, romping, and running all over our six secure play areas, both indoors and outdoors, with dogs of similar sizes.
We have five outdoor play areas (soon to be six) for a total of more than one acre. This includes open fields of sand and grass, as well as others with grass, wood chips and trees. Inclement weather? No worries, your dog will play in our 3,000 square foot indoor training facility. This building is both heated and air conditioned, so your pet will be comfortable regardless of the weather. We hope to have a second indoor facility ready by Fall 2016.
Why choose us over one of the many other dog daycare solutions in the area?
- We do not group house dogs all day in a small, confined area, where they have no choice but to urinate and defecate indoors. (Often dogs who are in this type of situation will bring that behavior home!) Your dog will come home from our program smelling as clean as he did when you dropped him off!
- We separate small dogs from large dogs, puppies from adults so they have the opportunity to play safely and without injuries.
- We provide a structured program filled with group play, naptime, and lunch and snack breaks. Dogs, like children, thrive on structure.
- We provide activities all day long. Pet sitters typically visit your dog 2 or 3 times each day, leaving him to potentially get into trouble. At best, your dog is used to a house full of noise, and now it’s dead quiet. Dogs are social creatures and need activity.
- Our program is run by our experienced dog trainers (see more about them below), not by part-time staff members.
- We invite owners to come in at any time– without making an appointment – to see every part of our facility, behind every door. Nothing is off-limits.
All of our trainers are proud members of the International Association of Canine Professionals and are trained in Pet First Aid and CPR. We also have an experienced veterinary technician on staff. Their 30 plus years of experience in dog training and knowledge of canine behavior surpass all others in the South Jersey area!
Our handler to pet ratio varies based on the temperament and sizes of the dogs participating in a session. With larger breeds, we might have a 1:2 ratio; with smaller to medium-sized dogs, the ratio might be 1:6 maximum. Before a dog joins our Doggy Daycare group, she will be evaluated by one of our trainers to make sure she is able to socialize in a group environment. That ensures the safety of all the dogs in the group.
Requirements prior to beginning our Doggie Daycare Program
• Must be up-to-date with Rabies, DHLPP, Bordetella, and Canine Influenza (titres are accepted where applicable)
• All dogs are required to by Spayed/Neutered by the age of 8 months (exceptions to this policy can only be made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the training director!)
• Female dogs, in heat, will not be permitted to participate in Group play
• Must pass our behavioral assessment
• Must be friendly with other dogs and with people
• Those dogs deemed not eligible for Group play will be permitted for Personalized Dog Daycare
Please fill out the “Owner & Pet Profile for Doggie Day Care” form. One of our staff members will contact you to schedule an appointment for your dog’s assessment. If it is determined that your dog would be more suited for personalized Day Care, we will provide your pup with a customized “Doggie Daycare Package” based on his/her needs with one of our dedicated staff members.
** Miss your furry friend? We regularly photograph and video our Doggie Day Care participants, and then post on our FaceBook page. You might even see daycare through the “eyes” of your pet, with our new GoPro camera! Check it out! **